Thursday, March 21, 2013

Vanitea Reviews : Eve Lom Cleanser.






The cult-favorite Eve Lom Cleanser has finally landed in my hands!!!! Actually, that was a lie. As you can see from the second picture, I've already used it for a while. 3 weeks to be precise. I'm about 1/3 way to needing to purchase a new one, so I anticipate another month or so of usage before having to shell out another chunk of money for this.

The cleanser comes with an instruction sheet that teaches you how to properly use the cleanser in the best way possible. It apparently takes 5-10 minutes to complete the entire process. Most days, I am too lazy to stand there in my bathroom, massaging my face for anything more than 3 minutes. But, on days that I'm feeling especially tired, I would use about 5-6 minutes, applying pressure on the forehead, cheeks, chin, and neck. Let me just say....it feels, smells, IS, amaaaaaaazing. It has a slight herb-y smell? I'm not exactly sure what scent it is, but personally, I really like it, but I can definitely see it being a huge hit or miss with people. The texture is almost slightly grainy and balmy, hence the label of  cleansing balm. Once you apply it to DRY skin, it becomes an oil that removes every smudge of makeup you have on. Even eye makeup! I run a basin of warm-hot water in my sink and dump in the muslin cloth. I squeeze most of the water out of the cloth and lay it on my face until it cools. Once you remove the cloth, you can literally see your makeup on it. Repeat the process a few times while rinsing out the cloth and making circles around your face for extra exfoliation. 

This cleanser has really improved my skin and optimized my skincare regimen. My blemishes have become less frequent and my extremely sensitive and red-prone skin has become more calm and less blotchy. I use less foundation, which is definitely a good sign that my skin is improving, not just blemish wise, but texture and tone wise. 

I've heard a lot of good things about balm cleansers and have been wanting to try one out for a while. The more popular one among bloggers is the Emma Hardie one, but since I'm in the U.S, it is not as easily accessible as Eve Lom. I purchased this one at the Space NK counter in Bloomingdales for $50 USD/ 1.7fl. oz. Yes, it is very pricey for such a small product. Honestly, I thought about returning this after getting it, just because it was just so darn expensive. Now, that my skin is so much better, how can I return this! 

What do you think of balm cleansers? Have you tried this one or is there another one you would recommend?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...